Dyson Airwrap Complete Styler
The Dyson Airwrap is every hair guru's favorite product for a reason: It makes your mane look amazing.
Find on Amazon
Easily the most luxurious hair styling tool available, the Dyson Airwrap Complete Styler works like magic. If you spend hours every week blow-drying and curling your hair, this product is a total life-saver (and serious time-saver). That’s because it uses air (not extreme heat, like most other styling tools) to quickly, efficiently set curls, smooth, and dry your hair, all at the same time. It works wonderfully on all hair types and textures, and you can look forward to your curls lasting all day and into the night. Yes, like other Dyson haircare products, the Airwrap will cost you a pretty penny, but with this cult-fave brand, you truly get what you pay for.
- Allows you to curl, wave, dry, and smooth hair without using extreme heat, which results in healthier strands
- Styles and dries simultaneously, cutting down on time spent getting ready
- Works incredibly well on all hair types and textures
- Hairstyles have great, all-day staying power
- The high price tag but it’s oh so worth it
Laluztop 6-in-1 Curling Wand Set
Transform your hair from drab to fab with this seriously incredible curling iron set from Laluztop.
Find on Amazon
Whether you’re a fan of big, glamorous curls, loose waves, or tight, small curls, you can achieve all kinds of curl types with the Laluztop 6-in-1 Curling Wand Set. This nifty little curling iron kit comes with six different barrels, each of which produces a different curl type, from bouncy spirals to voluminous waves. Handcrafted from excellent-quality ceramic coating, every single tool in this set heats up quickly and locks in moisture, so curls stay fresh for as long as possible. And, with the dual anti-scalding protection, you can rest easy knowing that it’s almost impossible to burn yourself.
- Contains six different barrels, each of which creates different curls
- Set is made of superior-quality ceramic coating, which helps each tool heat up quicker than most
- The sleek LCD display contains 31 different heat settings, so you can customize your styling experience depending on your hair type
- Has an anti-scald insulated tip and comes with a heat-resistant glove, so no more burning your scalp or hands.
- Accessible price point
- It doesn’t leave your hair feeling silky-soft but it will look fantastic
Bed Head A-Wave-We-Go
Create all kinds of chic, lovely-looking waves with Bed Head's Adjustable Waver tool.
Find on Amazon
For those days when you’re dealing with a frizzy, tangled mess of a mane, it’s oh-so-nice to have Bed Head’s A-Wave-We-Go on hand, to help calm down your hair (and your mind). With this tool’s adjustable waver barrel, you can create near-instant beachy waves or bouncy curls, depending on your preference. As an added bonus, hair is left looking shinier and smoother, too. And, this product comes equipped with a dual-voltage feature, so you can style your hair on the go.
- Awesome for those who struggle with frizz, thanks to the top-notch tourmaline ceramic technology
- You can create different levels of waves and curls, with the adjustable waver barrel and multiple heat settings
- Creates great texture and volume
- Comes equipped with a dual-voltage feature, so you can use it anywhere
- If you have ultra-fine hair that doesn’t curl easily, this tool will likely just make your hair look fuller and more voluminous, but it may not create defined waves
HSI Professional Glider
Smooth, shiny, stick-straight hair is in your near future with this salon-quality straightening tool.
Find on Amazon
The HSI Professional Glider smooths and straightens hair like a dream, and it works on even the coarsest, frizziest of manes (hey, no shame). This straightener boasts high-quality ceramic plates and specialized micro-sensors that help to evenly distribute heat, so you don’t have to keep going over the same sections of hair. The adjustable temperature settings give you greater control over your hairstyle; and, we love that this product comes with lots of fun extras, like a travel-size bottle of argan oil, a style guide, and a one-year warranty.
- Super-effective at straightening even the frizziest, curliest hair
- Thanks to the high-quality ceramic plates and HeatBalance micro-sensors, you don’t have to go over your hair as much (which equals less damage)
- Has a wide range of temperature settings
- Comes with great extras, like a style guide, travel-size bottle of argan oil, and a one-year warranty
- No auto-shutoff feature so you’ll just have to turn it off when you’re done
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
This ultra-convenient tool does it all, delivering volume, softness, and shine like no other.
Find on Amazon
For serious oomph and elegance, look to Revlon’s One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer, which delivers shine, volume, and smoothness—all in one step. And, not to mention, it’s super-effective at detangling. (Seriously, what doesn’t this tool do?) You can even place it closer to the scalp, for extra lift, without worrying about getting burned (unlike most other volumizers). Plus, the all-in-one brush head is fully detachable, making it easy-as-pie to use.
- An excellent product for boosting shine and volume
- Unlike most other volumizers, you can place this tool close to your scalp without getting burned
- Designed with nylon pin and tufted bristles, for detangling purposes
- Brush head is detachable
- Has just two heat/speed settings
Frequently Asked Questions
If I have naturally curly or frizzy hair, what hair styling tools should I use?
If your main goal is to reduce frizz or tame your curls, look for diffusers or straighteners that use ionic technology to help eliminate frizz and smooth down your strands.
How often should I heat-style my hair?
Because too much heat-styling can damage your hair, it’s generally recommended that you try to limit your flat iron, curling iron, and blow-dryer use to just once or twice per week if possible.
How can I help protect my hair from damage when I’m using styling tools?
If you’re the type who likes to blow dry and curl your hair regularly, it’s definitely a good idea to take proactive measures to protect your mane. Apply a good deep conditioning mask once per week, use a high-quality strengthening shampoo and conditioner (not just whatever you can find at the drugstore), and never, ever tug at your tangles with a brush; rather, you should use a wide-tooth comb to gently detangle your hair, to help prevent breakage.